The Northwest Narrative Medicine Conference is a three-day event for health professionals, patients, caregivers and artists who consider narrative skills essential for healing and wellness.
We invite you to join us for a mix of keynote speakers, small group narrative workshops, networking opportunities, live storytelling, poster presentations, and excellent food in the Collaborative Life Sciences Building at Oregon Health & Science University.
During the conference you will
- Examine the many insights to be found in stories of illness and wellness
- Explore your own stories, understand those of others, and value them all
- Develop skills in recognizing and being attentive to narratives of all kinds
- Make interprofessional and interpersonal connections
Upon completion you will be able to
- Recognize what is meaningful to you in a health care setting
- Appreciate diverse perspectives regarding stories of illness and wellness
- Have narrative skills to integrate into your own practice
- Cultivate interprofessional and interpersonal relationships by connecting with a community who values collaboration around the intersection of health and narrative